Tuesday 8 March 2011

The website that I will be designing will have a wide demographic and will be mainly aimed at people between the ages of 14 and 24. From my survey that I conducted I found that the people most likely to visit a Sexual Health Campaign website were between these ages. The main purpose of my website is to inform people on how to stay healthy sexually, and offer information on how to seek help, and what to look out for. It is important that I make my website accessible and appeal to my target audience otherwise they would be unlikely to visit.

As my website is a charity website, it relies largely on donations to keep itself running. A target audience of 14-24 is very suitable for receiving donations as people in this age bracket would be earning and would therefore be likely to have a reasonable income, some of which they would donate for a special cause.

Although my website is looking for donations, it is also trying to achieve its main purpose which is to help people. Therefore my target audience would be social classes A, B, C1 and C2, as the help offered would be adapted so that it is suitable for everyone. The target audience will also most likely be students, at either school or university and also people in employment.

People within this group of 14-24 year olds would be a variety of ethnicities as sexual health could be an issue to anyone, so it is important that I ensure my information is suitable for all ethnicities and that there is a balanced representation of this within my website.

As sexual health, for some, can be a very boring issue, I will work hard to make sure that my site is appealing for my entire target audience, so that they read the information and are likely to revisit my charity if they have an issue with their sexual health. I will try and achieve this by using different colours, and presenting the information in a simple and easy way to read, but I will also make it interesting to engage the wide demographic.

No comments:

Post a Comment